Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cornbread Meatloaf southern.food.com/
"Put your leftover cornbread to good use! From a neighbor when I lived down South. UPDATE (4/11/08): Change from original posting: I've always had to cook this about an hour, but I thought that was just me, so I when I originally posted this I left the cooking time at 3/4 hour, which was how I received it. However, since all the reviewers have noted that they, too, have to cook it longer, I have now changed the cooking time to 1 hour."

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb sausage
1 eggs
1 cup cornbread, crumbs
1 onions, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
With your hands, mix together the ingredients ground beef through pepper plus 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce and mold into a loaf shape; place into a greased baking dish.
Combine the rest of the tomato sauce with the mustard through brown sugar plus 3/4 cup water and pour over the meatloaf.
Bake 1 hour at 325F, basting 3 or 4 times during cooking.

No comments: